- 3/4 Cups caster sugar
- 1 Tablespoon gelatine
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large baking tray @ least 2cm deep
- Baking paper
- A round cookie cutter (the same one used for cookies)
METHOD for marshmallow
- Grease baking tray & line with baking paper.
- Combine sugar & 1/3 cup water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir for 3 minutes until sugar is dissolved & mixture is clear.
- Using a fork, combine gelatine & 1/3 cup cold water in a jug. Pour into hot syrup . Cook for 2-3 mins until gelatine has dissolved & mixture is clear
- Pour into bowl of an electric mixer.
- Set aside to cool to room temp - about 30mins
- Beat with electric mixer on high until very thick (6-8 mins). Add vanilla & beat for 1 min
- Spread into prepared pan, smoothing the top & working quickly (it can start to set!)
- Refrigerate until set (about an hour)
ingredients for biscuit
- 150g plain flour
- 150g self raising
- 185g butter (softened)
- 1 egg
- 170g caster sugar
- 1 splash vanilla extract
- 1 jar Chunky Dave's Original Peanut Butter
- 1/2 C jam of choice
- 400g chocolate (Chunky prefers 70% cocoa)
Other things you'll need.... .
- 2 large cookie trays
- Baking paper
- A round cookie cutter (about 6-8cm works well)
METHOD for biscuit
- Preheat oven to 180 c
- Line large flat baking sheets with baking paper
- Mix the flours, sugar & butter together to make a crumbly dough (you can do this in a food processor). Add vanilla & egg and mix to form dough.
- Roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls then place on cookie trays ,flattening them out , well spaced. Bake for 10mins until golden. Cool on trays .
- When cooled, lay biscuits out, top side down, spreading a teaspoon of Chunky Dave's Peanut Butter on half the biscuits & a teaspoon of jam on the other half.
- Cut circles of your marshmallow using the cookie cutter (dipped in water to make cutting easier. You will have to slide a knife under marshmallow to get it off the baking paper).
- Place a round of marshmallow on top of each jammy biscuit then add the peanut buttery side on top, PB side down.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl in microwave.
- Spoon melted chocolate over the stack (best to do this on baking paper or a wire rack over plate). -
- When set, flip the stack & spoon chocolate over the other side. Refrigerate until set.